We’ve been having a hard time making any progress on our Hamline fieldwork. Today’s rain might be needed by our region, but it sure made a mess of the digging. We just managed to strip the sod from our trench at the Hamline Methodist Church site and start laying out an excavation square at Old Main before the rain came down by the buckets full. No sprinkle to warn us that our time was short. Just a drenching rain and a mad scramble back to the lab. Bummer.
I’m hoping for a beautiful October and lots of good digging.
Update (Thursday PM): On my walk to my car this evening I went by the church and noticed that our dig site is covered with a couple of inches of water.